Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Sounds of Sunday: Songs of My Life

It's been a habit of mine to listen to radio every Sunday afternoon.
Well you know it. =)
The songs are old, ranging from 70's to 90's from the greatest bands and singers.
When I was a kid, my dad always listens to the radio with some sort of songs that are weird to me.
I thought ''Why Papa's songs are different from the entire neighborhood?"

Eventually, I started to like it, not knowing that I've already memorized some of the songs.
Of course I didn't know their meanings way back then, but there's something I feel about those songs.
They have this impact on me that I can't explain and understand.
Then it became a habit for the both of us to listen to this kind of music
every Sunday, or even on weekdays as long as those songs are played.

We always listen then, till now that I'm already a teen.
I've got improvements of course.
Now I'm able to know their meanings and I'm glad to know that they're all great.
Their meanings are heartfelt and amazing.

I wonder why I didn't change,
I still admire those songs and listens to them every Sunday.
I still appreciate every song.

I remember the influence of my Dad every time I hear those songs.
For me, it's a bonding in disguise for the two of us.
Yea I admit, we are not that close but I know he loves me,
and I really love him too.
 Now I've realized that it's not the habit but it's the feeling deep inside me saying:
"These songs has been the simple bonding of my Dad and I.
As long as those songs are played on the radio, I'll keep on listening till i grow old.
Because each, has been a part of me,
a part of my life".

Love your Dad!
=)
(Photos from Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment